How to Keep Window Box Arrangements Fresh in the Winter
This report appeared in the Nov/Dec 2020 challenge of This Outdated Dwelling Journal. Click here to master how to subscribe.
Measures for Trying to keep Window Box Plantings Fresh in Winter season
1. Begin by Rehydrating Clippings When You Assemble Them
- Lower stems at a 45-diploma angle to increase h2o absorption and position them in a bucket of water for 1 to 3 several hours.
2. Spray with an Anti-Desiccant
- Wilt-Pruf is effective nicely to seal the pores of leaves and needles and secure versus drying.
- Jenn likes to combine broadleaf evergreens this sort of as holly, magnolia, boxwood, and andromeda needled evergreens like spruce, fir, pine, incense cedar, and juniper and pink-twigged dogwood, winterberries, juniper berries, and pinecones for interest.
- And she doesn’t fuss with a foundation: “I set them in the same soil the drop and summer time annuals had been potted in,” she claims. “That way, they freeze in spot in the soil.”