Current Obsessions: Falling Softly – Remodelista
- Opening on Saturday, 12th September, Remodelista favorite Labour and Wait, purveyors of sturdy and time-tested housewares, are “surrendering to their weakness for brown” at the London Design Festival, “providing an opportunity for a tongue-in-cheek homage to the venerable and stoic tone to which they are indebted.” Labour and Wait Brown will pop-up for nine days from Saturday, 12th September, on Calvert Avenue in Shoreditch.
- Sad to hear this.
- John Derian’s latest venture? A trio of jigsaw puzzles: “Calm Cat,” “Dancing Butterflies,” and “The City of New York.” The prints are sourced from John’s vast collection of vintage 17th and 18th century prints, and the edges of the boxes have been designed to be displayed nicely on your shelf. Available for pre-order; the puzzles will officially ship on September 15th.
- Farewell to Terence Conran: the influential and much-beloved figure in postwar design has died at age 88. Read the full obit at BBC News.
- Most popular post of the week: In the Glow: A Bright Bushwick Apartment, Courtesy of eBay, Craigslist, and Clever DIY Ideas.
- And on Gardenista: What to Do in the Garden in September.
- Storage woes? Think like a shopkeeper: Storage & Organization Secrets from Makié Yahagi.