How to Remove and Contain Lead Paint
In this video, lead paint abatement specialist Ron Peik displays the secure, appropriate way to dispose of guide paint.
Measures for Eradicating Direct Paint
- Use a paint scraper to get rid of the paint from the outdoors corners of baseboard.
- Accumulate the guide-paint dust utilizing a special HEPA vacuum.
- Install new drywall over walls that consist of guide.
- Take out doorways and mantelpieces and bring to a business refinisher who has a dip tank for chemically stripping off the old paint.
- Use a hammer and pry bar to take out all moldings that will be changed by new wooden.
- Immediately after eradicating the moldings, use a HEPA vacuum to acquire lead-paint dust.
- Insulate the voids around the windows and exterior doors prior to replacing the interior trim.
- At the time all the direct paint has been taken out, clean all surfaces in the total space with a TSP option.