How to Move a Hot Tub by Yourself
If you’re shifting to a new home and want to acquire your incredibly hot tub with you, there are two primary possibilities: use a relocating business (or increase the tub to the record for the firm which is relocating the rest of your possessions), or move it yourself…
And I do not signify try out to move it all by yourself—you’ll need to have support, at least 3 or 4 pals with solid backs. An vacant scorching tub can weigh concerning 500 and 1000 lbs. The most vital factor is to first devise your system and route. If you can not locate ample helpers or if the route is way too challenging, do your self a favor and employ skilled movers.
What you are going to require
Actions to Move a Hot Tub
- Initial, unplug the energy wire from the tub. If it is hardwired, you’ll will need an electrician.
- Evaluate the dimensions of the tub so that you can lease or borrow the correct-sized truck. Know that it’s possible to go a tub in two positions—on the flat or on edge. The initial selection is easier—positioned flat, the tub will be extra steady when it is staying moved. The 2nd possibility ought to only be regarded as if you just cannot find a truck vast ample. Still, if you get the job done carefully, a hot tub can be moved on edge.
- Drain the tub. Open up the obtain panel and link a garden hose to the drain, examining the tub’s guide for any guidelines. Enable you enough time for all the water to drain out. Now’s a fantastic time to clean the tub, far too.
- Once the tub is vacant, check out the manual to eliminate the tub’s protect, and pack it separately. If you have to remove any screws, put them in a plastic bag and tape it to the protect so you are going to have them when it is time to reattach the include.
- Get time to strategy your full moving route so that it is as immediate and barrier-cost-free as doable. Test any gates or other passageways to make sure that you’ll have more than enough clearance, the two in the old and new areas. System very carefully: a incredibly hot tub is cumbersome and major, and you want the shift to go as smoothly as possible—for your sake, for your crew’s sake, and for your tub’s sake.
How to Pick up a Hot tub
When you’ve procured a truck, a crew, the necessary materials, and certain your route is obvious, it’s time to shift.
Relocating on the flat
- With as quite a few helpers as it will take, elevate just one side of the tub significant adequate so that you can slip a 4×4 underneath the tub’s edge. Repeat on the opposite facet.
- Up coming, slide a home furniture dolly less than 1 stop of the tub concerning the two 4x4s and slide the 2nd dolly in position reverse the to start with. Take out the 4x4s. Applying going straps, tightly protected the tub onto the dollies.
- Position a helper on both facet to stabilize the tub and get started to slowly and gradually roll it towards the truck. Manage the harmony by reassigning helpers as you go.
Observe: If you materialize to be relocating across an area of lawn, it is greatest to spot a sheet of plywood on the grass so the dolly wheels do not sink into the floor. If you are transferring throughout an expanse of garden, you can “leapfrog” the plywood sheets forward of your progress as you go.
- When it’s time to force the tub up the ramp into the truck, be mindful to maintain the dolly wheels on the ramp. As soon as the tub’s in the truck, secure it by tying it with ratcheting straps to the inside of of the truck box.
Be aware: Most rental vehicles have rings bolted to the box sides for this goal.
- Deal with the tub with going blankets to shield it in the course of the excursion.
Going on the edge
If you simply cannot find a truck extensive enough for your very hot tub, you may well have to move it upright on its aspect.
- Get 50 % of your crew on a person aspect of the tub. When you have lifted it, you really don’t want to have the excess weight of the tub resting on the accessibility panels or electrical connections, so strategy appropriately.
- Position a home furnishings dolly along with the picked out edge of the tub, and station two men and women at the dolly. Have everybody lift up the opposite facet till the tub’s edge is fully resting on the dolly.
- Protected the tub to the dolly with straps, and, checking the tub’s balance, start to go the tub as explained over.
- Once you have the tub loaded on the truck bed (assuming the truck is a pickup), use straps to safe it so it just can’t go from side to facet. To secure it, use shifting blankets and drive bit by bit, performing exercises extra caution on sharp turns.
- Prior to leaving, be certain to choose with you all the 4x4s, plywood, and just about anything else that you will want to unload and transfer when you get there at the tub’s new location.
- When unloading the tub, make positive to have crew users stabilizing each sides of it as it comes down the ramp.
- Immediately after you have wheeled the tub to its new locale, reverse the dolly-loading treatment to offload it, and begin the set up. Then have a soak.