Current Obsessions: Virtual Goings-On – Remodelista
On our radar this autumn prolonged weekend, points to do from dwelling:
- Most well known submit of the 7 days: a spirited compact apartment in Paris by two young architects, just before and immediately after (with a charming sink skirt, as well).
- We’ll be tuning into Toast’s Virtual Imaginative Residency this 7 days, October 15-17, with activities like talks on the Japanese artwork of kintsugi, how to develop a sustainable kitchen with Skye Gyngell, and ceramics demonstrations with Polly Yates—all digital and on line.
- New Yorkers: Prevent by Making Black Bedstuy Market each individual Sunday in Oct, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Extra information here.
- And now open up at Kasmin Gallery, now as a result of November 7 (by appointment only): an exhibition of performs by American sculptor JB Blunk. (Not in NYC? Sign up for through Zoom as Mariah Nielson and curator, writer, and historian Glenn Adamson focus on the daily life and operate of JB Blunk, October 23 at 1 p.m. Register listed here.)
- Julie is admiring two new rugs by The Albers Basis with British textile corporation Christopher Farr—in homage to the Bauhaus styles of Josef and Anni Albers.
And we’re all purchasing copies of Lifestyle In the Studio: Inspiration and Classes on Creativity by ceramic artist and dahlia pro Frances Palmer, just out from Artisan Guides. Claims Margot: “Frances lives the dream innovative everyday living: building her signature pots, expanding her magnificent giant dahlias, providing talks and workshops, and taking beautiful images of her flower arrangements (see @francespalmer).” Til we can get our hands on the e book, we’re revising our tours of Frances’ garden and studio, as well.
- P.S. Field + Supply‘s all-online industry is heading on now and tomorrow. See you (practically) there.