Current Obsessions: Summer’s End – Remodelista
- NYC’s Kasmin Gallery is presenting an exhibition of works by French phenoms Claude and François-Xavier Lalanne, curated by designer Brian McCarthy and opening at Kasmin’s 297 Tenth Avenue location on September 10, 2020. To schedule an appointment, visit the reservation page here.
- In design news: Esteemed NYC architect Annabelle Selldorf was recently named to oversee the renovation and design of a new permanent facility for the Shaker Museum in Chatham, New York.
- We’re looking forward to Wild Kitchen: Nature-Loving Chefs at Home, a forthcoming cookbook by Claire Bingham from Thames & Hudson featuring a glimpse inside the home kitchens and gardens of 20 food personalities—from David Tanis to Judy Williams and Rita Sodi of Via Carota—who are leading the way in sustainable cooking.
- On our reading list: JB Blunk, by his daughter Mariah Nielsen (and designed by Åbäke), a comprehensive, first-ever monograph of the work of the Inverness, CA-based artist. To order a copy, go to Permanent Collection (and to see more, go to Blunk House: Inside a Master’s Sculptural Homestead, Hewn by Hand, in Northern California).
- The 43rd annual SF Decorator Showcase launches its first-ever virtual event on Saturday, August 29, 2020. More than 20 interior and landscape designers have worked over 27 distinct spaces in a Mediterranean-style house in the West Clay Park neighborhood near Seacliff and the Presidio. N.B.: If conditions allow, in-person tours are tentatively scheduled for August 29th through September 27th.
- Our friend Brad Ford, the founder of the beloved outdoor makers’ market Field + Supply, has moved online. They’re also extending an “invite a friend and get 10 percent off” deal; go to Field + Supply. (We especially like the Kitchen Accessories offerings.)