Current Obsessions: Snow Days – Remodelista
10 things we’re noting, this midwinter, pre-Valentines weekend:
- Our most preferred post of the 7 days? Within Julie’s minimalist galley kitchen area in Brooklyn Heights (and how to get the glimpse).
- On winter season landscapes captured in paintings, by means of T Journal.
- We are admiring the Obsidian Digital Idea Residence, the job of the Black Artists + Designers Guild, with rooms by 23 BADG creators and two growing stars, “designed to invite new discussions about the house of residence as a spot of thriving for one particular million Black family members.” Choose a virtual tour right here.
- Julie is awaiting the launch of Toogood’s spring/summer assortment, encouraged by the British landscape painter Paul Nash, launching on February 12th.
- Consideration, all superior-faculty-aged children in New York and Connecticut: In celebration of the newly released August Wilson Permanently stamp—and of the art of old-school letter writing—the USPS is keeping an open up artwork level of competition for teens now by February 18th. Style and design an August Wilson-themed envelope (including place for a stamp and an address), just take a photo of it, and mail to [email protected] winners will be announced in a virtual awards ceremony on February 25th (electronic mail [email protected] for a Zoom backlink).
- A consuming chocolate recipe for midwinter evenings (or a Valentine’s Working day at home).
- Flowers in the New York Town snow by floral designer/self-proclaimed “flower bandit” Lewis Miller (in celebration of John Derian’s new menswear selection with Todd Snyder).
- 10 things no person tells you about orchids, around on Gardenista.
- And: how to (adequately) clear your washing device.