Current Obsessions: LA Story – Remodelista
- One of our favorite LA shops, Counter-Space, is opening in a new space at 1837 Hyperion Avenue; to celebrate, they’re throwing an opening party on Sunday, February 23 (tamales and sangria on offer).
- In SF: March is hosting Grilled Cheese Monday on February 24, from 5 pm to 7 pm.
- Brooklyn housewares shop Primary Essentials is offering readers a chance to win $700 worth of entertaining essentials, including a Barbican Trolley from Dims, a mixed pack of Usual Wines, and gift cards from Areaware and The Primary Essentials. Enter here.
- And in Paris: our glassblowing friends La Soufflerie have opened their first shop at 26 rue Lecourbe, 75015 Paris.
- Fan notes that CB2 is now offering vintage furniture and home goods, curated by designer and collector Charlie Ferrer.
- Michele Varian has moved her shop from SoHo to Brooklyn; drop in at 400 Atlantic Avenue.
- We’ll be heading to the Hans Hofmann on Paper exhibit at Bookstein Projects, 60 E 66th Street, this coming week; it runs through March 28. On view: twenty works on paper made between 1935 and 1944 by the renowned postwar abstract painter.