Current Obsessions: A Dose of Color
This week we have been getting notes on incorporating color—plus seconds product sales, paper bouquets, excellent Black-owned shops, and more:
- Winter pick-me-up: Classes in introducing doses of coloration to our interiors, by means of stylist Gillian Lawlee’s anti-trendy LA cottage.
- Our favored Boston style and design store, Good—purveyor of New England-made products, new and vintage—is closing its Charles Road shop on Feb. 26th and amping up its on the internet emporium for browsing from any where. Remain tuned.
- Black-owned retailers and makers to invest in from this weekend (and normally), via Industry + Source.
- Sunhouse Crafts—makers of the poetic brooms that are modern objects of our admiration and of wood goods, too—are web hosting their “first once-a-year seconds sale” on Monday, February 22nd at—funnily enough—2:22 p.m. EST. Head to their shop then for fifty percent cost or less on “perfectly charming (but not evenly!) dyed dustpans, some with very little scratches brooms I accidentally dyed all brown…and 1-offs from the broom and board earth.”
- We have lengthy loved The Misplaced Kitchen area, the wildly attractive (and wildly preferred) cafe in a 19th-century mill in Independence, Maine, and every thing that self-taught chef and lady of all trades Erin French does. So we’re on the lookout forward to getting our palms on her memoir, Locating Freedom: A Cook’s Tale Remaking a Lifestyle from Scratch, out this April from Celadon Textbooks (and obtainable for pre-order now).
- Now admiring: Sheila Bridges’ designs—in Harlem Toile and more—for The Shade Keep.
- Coming up at Kasmin Gallery in New York: an exhibition of collage paintings by abstract expressionist artist (and partner of Jackson Pollock) Lee Krasner, opening March 11th.
- By way of Bob Vila: Enter to acquire a $5,000 rest room giveaway from Badeloft.
- We’d enjoy to just take a person of these workshops on generating the most exquisite paper bouquets, through Flower and Jane.
- Monarch butterflies are nearing extinction—here are five methods to assist.
- The patchwork quilt is back again (and it’s all over the place).
- And: 5 strategies to make your clothes previous lengthier.